Monday, April 16, 2012

Lessons from the Car Wash

Only I could get a car stuck going through the car wash! First, what you have to understand is that I have only been through the car wash at the gas station where you drive your car through and the signs tell you when to go and when to stop. Otherwise, I have left the car in the hands of some wonderful people who would take the car through the car wash for me. So, I had never been through a car wash with a track that guides the car through.

I went to the car wash with the work car, gave the gentleman my voucher and pulled up according to the gestures by the nice gentleman. Then...the car started moving forward!

Problem was there was a car only a few inches in front of me and I didn't want to run into it so I pushed on the brakes. WRONG!!!! Everything stopped. The nice gentleman stood by the side yelling at me to put the car in neutral and not to step on the brakes. Ok...here we go again. The car righted itself and the track moved the car along. The car in front of me was still very close, but I had to trust that I wouldn't hit the car in front of me. Then....WHAMMMY----these great big blue things cover the car on all sides. I can't see anything. I can't control the car. I can't get out! I just had to wait. So...here is what I learned.

  • Always put your car in neutral---sometimes you have to give up control
  • Close your eyes----that way you won't have a panic attack
  • The car wash is not the log ride---the track is level, not on a hill, so you don't have to worry about crashing into the car behind you!
  • It ends pretty quickly---there is light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Next time let your boss take the car through the car wash!!!!
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth
John 16:13 (ESV)

I am reminded that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. I must give control of my life to God, and remember to seek His guidance in all aspects of my life.

If the track in the car wash represents God, and I represent myself, I am thankful that God leads us back into His Grace and Mercy even when we have been fighting him for control.

What experiences have you had that have led you to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment